Fort Bragg is one of the largest US Army installations in the world, and is located in North Carolina. Fort Bragg borders the towns of Fayetteville, Spring Lake and Southern Pines. If you’re military and PCSing to Fort Hood, be prepared with a list of things you want to do while you’re there. It is the home of the US Army airborne forces and Special Forces, as well as U.S. Army Forces Command, U.S. Army Reserve Command and Womack Army Medical Center.
Check out this list of the most popular things to do when you’re visiting Fort Bragg/Fayetteville or you’re stationed there because of the military.
- Airborne and Special Operations Museum
- A military museum that recounts the history of Army Airborne assault and Special Operations units, detailing the men, techniques and equipment used in their missions around the world.
- Fascinate-U Children’s Museum
- A hands-on children’s museum, geared toward kids aged toddler through 12
- Cape Fear Botanical Garden
- Gardens and grounds for local residents and visitors
- Zipquest Waterfall and Treetop Adventure
- Designed for families with children and thrill-seekers alike, our 2 1/2-hour treetop tour features 8 ziplines and three “Indiana Jones” canopy
- The Climbing Place
- Popular indoor climbing
- Veterans Park
- A tribute park to service men and women
- Drive and you can catch a game of the Raleigh Hurricanes NHL or the Carolina Panthers NFL in Charlotte.
- Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve
- a nature preserve, great for hiking
- Festival Park
- Has concerts during the summer
- Raven Rock State Park
- State park, hiking, camping and boating facilities are available.
- Cameo Art House Theatre
- An artsy theater that showcases independent, classic, and foreign films.
- 1897 Poe House
- Historical Site, part of the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex.
- Auman Vineyards
- This urban farm that has been here since it was a dirt road in the rural part of western Cumberland County.
Photo courtesy by MAJ Thomas Cieslak