Deployments for military families are hard. Perhaps a fun countdown may help the situation. It’s a visual reminder of how far you’ve come, and how far you’ve got to go.
Kids enjoy making these popular paper chain crafts and now military kids can apply it to a deployment countdown.
These chain links says “hero” so they could be applied to policeman, firefighters, any first responders, or perhaps the hero in your life.
- Print on regular 8.5 x 11 paper
- Use scissors or a paper trimmer like this to cut out the strips
- *leave the white margin on one or both of the left and right sides.*
- Use glue or tape to attach the ends together (use the white margins)
- Link them together to build the paper chain
- As you count down, tear off one chain at a time.
These printable chain links can be found in the Freebie Library. Click below to access.
Army Soldier Chain Link
Navy Sailor Chain Link
Marine Corps Chain Link